Jenna + James wedding took place on an amazing winter day where there was a heavy rain and at one point during the ceremony it was raining so loud that everyone in the church was silent and listened to it as it poured outside. With the rain we had to get creative and so I took the majority of the portraits at a parking garage and I just love the way that the photos turned out. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to read about Jenna’s thoughts from the day and her advice to other brides. Enjoy the pics!
2. What inspired you in planning the wedding? // Jim and I both wanted a wedding during the winter time, but I wasn’t a fan of the frosty blue winter wonderland theme. Instead, we went with a warm fuzzy holiday theme. It had a few Christmas-y elements, but it wasn’t over the top.
3. What were your favorite moments, surprises, traditions from the day? // It’s hard to remember, it felt like the whole day went by in 5 minutes, but my favorite part of the day was my dad’s speech. Both my parents were so wonderful throughout the experience, and my mom and I spent a lot of time together planning. My dad was kind of off to the side. So to hear my dad vocalize how he felt about my marriage during the reception really stayed with me. I’m tearing up just thinking about it.
4. Dress designer, shoes, Jewelry, Etc. Groom’s suit, Bridesmaids, etc. // My dress was by Maggie Sottero, shoes by RSVP from Zappos.com (knock off of some really really cute Badgley Mischka’s), veil and dress from J’aime Bridal in Pleasanton, CA, grooms suit provided by men’s warehouse and bridesmaid dresses were from David’s Bridal.
5. Wedding Planner, Stationer, Floral Designer, Rentals, Music, etc. // Our wedding coordinator was Alicia Baker from Bridges Golf Club. She was incredibly adorable, and helped the reception to be above and beyond our expectations, flowers were by Jinger at The Flower House in Livermore, CA, table cloth rental from Cover-Ups in Brentwood, CA (gave us a really good deal). Our DJ was Rob Mutzl of Amos Productions (excellent!), they also provided the lighting.
6. Menu, Drinks, Dessert, Caterer, Baker, etc. // Menu: Filet Mignon with bleu cheese crumbles and a cabernet reduction, seared Halibut with pinenut and sun-dried tomato butter sauce, spinach and cheese ravioi… Sides: 3 cheese scalloped potatoes, winter vegetables, asparagus… Signature Cocktail: Jenna and Jim’s Christmas Cocktail (vodka, cranberry and cider)… Cake provided by Ms. Julie Durkee of Torino Baking located in Berkeley, CA
7. DIY elements // We did the ceremony programs, all of the table signs and place cards, the candy table and a cigar bar (highly recommend, got the most compliments, boys went nuts for it).
9. Advice that you’d give to other Brides? // Advice… Don’t let other people try to talk you into something you don’t want, it’s YOUR day. Day of the wedding: Come to terms with the fact that not everything is going to be perfect, most likely something will go wrong… best thing to do? Just go with the flow, you’ll laugh about it later. Also, during the reception, EVERYONE IN THE BUILDING is going to want to talk to you. Budget your time wisely, and eat dinner fast :)
10. Anything else… // Flory Photo rocked my world!!!!